The weekend vibe has me craving for some coffee with a good baked sweet by it's side. Well...it has to be sweet for sure, it has to be carby for sure, my mom asked if I could bake her some banana bread...and well...there are strawberries everywhere, so why not a strawberry-banana bread! I got this recipe from The recipe critic, it looked perfect and just what i wanted. Sadly it all got eaten so quickly...didn't even last for my Friday afternoon coffee, and I admit.. I didn't have the coffee...because I don't have anything sweet to go with it!!
Well...are you ready for the recipe??
Here we go!
In the original recipe it says the recipe is for 2 loafs, let me be honest...it wasn't enough for 2 loafs, so i made one loaf and 4 cupcakes. so lets say its 2 small loafs (english cake pan).
115g butter, softened (1 stick)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
1+1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped and tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
1. Preheat oven to 190c (375F). spray two english cake pans with nonstick spray or baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl (or mixer) cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs with a fork, add to sugar mixture and mix until combined, add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
4. Mix all dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt. slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture. mix until combined - do not over mix! Fold in floured strawberries.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 190c (375F) for 15 minutes, then REDUCE heat to 175c (350F) and bake for another 30 minutes, until toothpic inserted comes out clean. let cool before removing from pan.
Perfect for this "wintery" weekend vibe. let me know if you liked it!!
what would you like me to make next? comment or message me and I'll challenge myself to your idea!