For those who know me - You know I am the cheesiest, corniest, heart obsessed, valentine's obsessed, love to love kind of person. I am not ashamed, I am proud and I don't care what anyone thinks! let me be!
This year I kind of remembered too late about some valentines baking, but I made it right on time. (We did reserve a table at a very good restaurant for tonight, ahead of time!)
Marble Heart Sugar Cookies!
These are easy, adorable and lovely! The recipe really isn't hard and you end up with 20+ cookies you can give to your loved ones!
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
Gel food coloring (pink/red/any color you like)
1. In a large bowl or mixer mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy texture.
2. Add in vanilla, egg and salt, mix until combined.
3. Mix in flour - gradually. Mix until combined into a manageable dough .
4. Divide dough into two balls (I did 3, i wanted 3 colors) and color one ball with your chosen gel color - also knead until color is fully incorporated.
5. Create little golf sized balls out of the whole dough, lay them on your work area, alternating colors.
6. Gently knead all of the dough until swirls of colors are visible - do not over mix!
7. Shape into a flat ball and let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 180c.
9. Roll out dough (about 2 cm thick) on a floured surface. cut out desired shapes and freeze for 15 minutes.
10. Bake at 180c for 12 minutes, let the cookies rest before transferring them.
11. Enjoy giving them out to loved ones or...keep these sweethearts to your self!
recipe by: Baked By Rachel